South Central Service Cooperative (SCSC) sponsors the Spelling Bee for the South Central Region of Minnesota. Students participating in the regional event have won their local district event. The winner goes on to the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. the first week in June.
Once enrolled, teachers and administrators have access to a virtual Bee-in-a-Box, with everything they need to run a classroom or school spelling bee, such as:
- One free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) from Encyclopædia Britannica for use as a prize in your spelling bee program (two if you enroll by Sept. 30)
- Password-protected access to the teachers-only area of spellingbee.com (sample)
- Grade-specific word lists and study lists for students in grades 1–8 (sample)
- Study materials for the school spelling champion (sample)
- The 2017 Classroom Pronouncer Guide (sample)
- The 2017 School Pronouncer Guide (sample)
- The Rules for Local Spelling Bees (sample)
- Materials to conduct a Great American SpellCheck fundraiser
- Award certificates (sample)
Through a new feature on spellingbee.com, teachers can easily communicate with parents by inviting them to create a free Word Club account. Here parents can access school spelling bee study lists and learn specific details about their child's school spelling bee.